55 Horner Ave, Suite 201, Etobicoke, ON, M8Z 4X6
416-531-1146 1-888-843-4721

Home Insurance Broker (Home and Property Insurance in Canada)

Protect Your Most Valuable Investment.

Get the right home insurance coverage to protect your property and your financial future.

What Is Covered by Home Insurance?

Home insurance prevents you from having to pay a large sum of money all at once, which may be quite stressful.

Having insurance ensures that your home, while not required by law, can provide you with a sense of security.

With severe weather on the rise, home insurance can help you place accurate replacement value and keep an up-to-date home inventory of high-value items such as jewelry, furniture, or art. Separate endorsements may be offered to you as well. 

If you’re temporarily unable to live in the house because of an insured loss, your home insurance can help with additional living expenses from having to stay at a temporary home. Homeowners’ insurance can also cover your liability if someone trips and falls on the property or in your home, damages another person’s property, or accidentally injures someone else.

Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners insurance, also known as HOI, is a type of property insurance that protects your home and its contents from damage or loss, along with the furniture and other belongings inside. Homeowner’s insurance also covers liability for accidents at home or on the property. 

The policy will cover you if someone else causes an accident on your premises, such as a fire caused by faulty wiring. It can even protect against theft, vandalism, and natural disasters like hurricanes and earthquakes.

Tenant Insurance

Tenant insurance, or renter’s insurance, is protection for both you and your properties, whether they’re in a house, apartment, or condo. Your landlord’s insurance usually covers the building but may not cover the furniture. That’s when tenant insurance comes into play.

Tenant insurance can protect you from unexpected damage to your property, such as fire, theft, or a natural disaster. It may also provide compensation for lost items.

Rented Dwelling Insurance

Rented dwelling insurance is coverage specifically designed for landlords, and covers personal liability for injuries or losses occurring on the leased premises. 

Landlords can also benefit from having insurance that covers lost rental income if a loss renders the property unfit for rental purposes.

Condo Insurance

Condominium insurance protects your investment in a condominium against loss or damage. It covers the building and common areas, as well as personal property inside the unit. 

If you own a condo, it’s important to understand what this type of coverage entails so that you can protect yourself from financial losses if something happens to your home. 

Condominium insurance usually covers theft, vandalism, fire, water damage, and other common condo issues.

Vacant Land Insurance

Vacant lot insurance covers the risk of a vacant lot becoming damaged or destroyed. Vacant lot insurance can help protect you from any lawsuits filed against you by people who were injured at your property.

Don't know where to begin?

We're here to assist you.

Customized policies built for you

At Vieira Insurance, we’re committed to building you a plan that works for your family, your property, and your budget. We can help you to outline the various options available from insurance providers and help you to create an insurance policy that suits your needs. Each of our experts has many years of experience working directly with property owners as well as home insurance agency professionals. This ensures that we can respond with the ideal policy for each client that connects with our team. Regardless of whether you’re looking for blanket coverage that covers all areas of your property, or comprehensive coverage that includes valuables, we’re the specialists in Ontario, Canada.

Affordable options

We know it‘s difficult to protect your home 24/7 while paying for all the amenities you need inside the home space, so we’ve created a service designed to help reduce the cost of insurance for the long term. We’ve designed each of our insurance products based on the best available prices in the industry today. We look for ways that can help you save money while providing the best coverage for your family. It’s why we’re the leading insurance agency because we provide the best service to our clients.

Trusted services in Canada

We’ve been helping people get affordable home insurance for many years now. Working with us at Vieira Insurance means you’ll be able to work with the leaders in the insurance industry, helping you make the best decision for your future.

Vieira Insurance continues to provide the best quality home insurance policies in the industry today. Regardless of whether you’re looking for a full coverage policy to protect the contents of your condo in Canada, our team is here to help you choose the right insurance policy for your needs. Contact us right away to get started!

Why Vieira Insurance

Vieira Insurance is a full-service insurance agency that has been serving Canada for many years. We have built our reputation on providing exceptional customer service and top-notch solutions at competitive rates. 

Our goal is to provide you with the best coverage possible while also making sure we understand your needs. We are here to help you find the right policy, regardless of what type of insurance you may be needed!

Frequently asked questions about Home & Property Insurance

Get answers to your questions about your home insurance coverage.

What does home insurance usually protect?

It depends on the kind of home you live in. Your property insurance covers your house and detached structures like fences or sheds.

Insurance will cover any items you own, including jewelry, artwork, furnishings, computers, carpets, and more.

Finally, your insurance policy also includes third-party liability coverage. It protects you from any legal claims if someone gets hurt while on your property or causes damage to a neighbor’s house.

When should I buy home insurance?

Home insurance prevents you from having to pay a large sum of money all at once, which can be stressful and upsetting especially during the most difficult and emotional times.

In the event of theft, loss, or damage to the interior or outside of your home or property, home insurance may assist safeguard your home and its contents.

It may also assist you in covering additional living expenses if you are unable to dwell in your house for a period of time.

Ensuring your home, while not required by law, can provide you with peace of mind and security.

Why do I need tenant insurance?

The owner of the home where you live probably has homeowner’s insurance. They may also have insurance for certain items inside your rented apartment, such as the carpet, lights and appliances. You may be wondering why you need coverage too, but there are several reasons for that.

  • Your landlord’s insurance doesn’t cover your personal belongings, so you’re responsible for them. You won’t be able to protect your jewelry, artwork, furnishings, entertainment equipment, and other valuables.
  • You also need to ensure that you’re covered against any liability for injury to guests at your home or for damage caused by accidental damage to a neighbor’s property.

Why do I need condo insurance?

You may wonder why you need your own insurance when your condominium has it. The following are three significant reasons:

  • Your personal belongings will not be covered by your condominium corporation’s insurance coverage. Your jewelry, artwork, furniture, entertainment equipment, and other valuables will not be protected.
  • The insurance of your condominium company only covers objects that are part of the structure. You’ll need your own insurance to protect the changes you’ve made to your units, such as new carpeting and built-in cabinets. 
  • You must protect yourself from personal responsibility in the event of injury to visitors to your house or damage to a neighbor’s property.

How does liability insurance protect me?

Liability coverage, which is included in most homeowner’s, condo, and renter insurance policies, covers you financially if you accidentally cause harm or property damage to others, whether at home or anywhere else.

Renovations and enhancements have been completed by myself. Will my homeowner's insurance cover these improvements?

Your home’s value may be affected by remodeling. Your insurance coverage will need to be updated if you add a big expansion or a swimming pool.

Seraphinite AcceleratorBannerText_Seraphinite Accelerator
Turns on site high speed to be attractive for people and search engines.